For news coverage of the radio contact with the International Space Station click here
Exciting news for John Glenn Middle School! Our school has been selected to make amateur radio contact with an astronaut on the International Space Station. Several students will speak live via the “ham” radio with the astronaut and ask a question that they wrote themselves. We are honored to be selected by the ARISS (Amateur Radio International Space Station) organization to help us connect with an astronaut in real time. With the help of local ham radio volunteers, we will be the 4th school in Minnesota to have this distinction. If all goes well, our history-making contact with the International Space Station will be in the afternoon of Wednesday, February 22nd.
Parents of EL Students: Your child will be taking the WIDA ACCESS 2.O test for ELL students from Feb. 21st to March 2nd. For more detailed information, please go to the Assessment tab.
Please join us for the Math Carnival
Thursday, March 2nd from 5:30 to 8:30
Follow us on Twitter @johnglenn_jets!
We are looking for a new John Glenn parent representative for the 622 Advisory Board. If you are interested in knowing more, please click on the link below:
Health Office Reminder:
Any student starting 7th grade should have their immunizations up to date. Information should arrive in the mail late July or early August and updated immunizations can be brought to school during our Open House on Wednesday, August 31, 2016. Please see Back to School mailing for all information regarding back to school!
Dress Code Reminders:
1. Shorts and Skirts should be longer than your finger knuckles when arms hang naturally at sides.
2. Shirt should have strap of at least an inch in width (2 finger tips) – no spaghetti straps.
3. Underwear (including boxers) should not be exposed.
4. Pants/shorts need to be secure at the natural waist – no sagging.
5. Tops should completely cover any cleavage.
6. No clothing should advertise alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, and must not have words or pictures that are discriminatory or offensive.
7. No hats or bandannas during the school day.