Harmony Learning Center is home to the K-12 Program and the Adult Basic Education Program.
Harmony Learning Center is a District 622 school serving special education students, grades K-12. This is a nontraditional educational setting utilizing an interdisciplinary and comprehensive approach to focus on students' academic, social and emotional needs. The predominant focus is to nurture students' mental and emotional health with the goal of returning them to their home school whenever possible.
The student's day will include academic core subjects and therapeutic support. The program will also include art education, fitness and wellness activities, community outreach, service learning, and work experience opportunities for secondary students. Related services such as social work, occupational therapy, speech, language and nursing services are also part of this program.
- Positive relationships foster student success. The human dignity of all students is respected and valued regardless of external behavior.
- A safe school environment is essential for student growth.
- Staff recognizes and builds on student strengths.
- All students need an opportunity to learn curriculum based on individual needs.
- Student specific programs will be developed to address unique social, emotional, and behavior needs.
Adult Basic Education:
The Adult Basic Education program is designed to meet the needs of adult learners in District 622.
- GED Program - This program prepares students for the GED exams. On a regular basis, the GED exams are given on-site. The program is open to our community and is a day and evening program.
- Adult ESL - English-as-a-Second-Language classes are free classes for foreign-born adults. Come join our community of Adult English learners in a comfortable, friendly environment. Both day and evening ESL classes available.
- Adult Brush-Up - Individualized education opportunities for adults, including college entrance exam prep and learning how to balance a checkbook.
- Citizenship - Assisting adults in obtaining U.S. citizenship.