Class Placement ProcessOakdale staff spends a great deal of time placing students in class groups for the next school year. Our primary focus is to establish productive, heterogeneous classrooms where each child can be provided with the opportunity to be successful and challenged to do their best work. In doing this, several factors are considered:
- Learning style of the student
- Consideration of all educational factors: academic and social skills are the primary determinants
- Appropriate balance of ethnic groups, gender, academic achievement, learning styles, instructional levels, and discipline concerns.
- Avoidance of possible personality problems
- Balanced class sizes
- Recommendations of this year’s teacher
Note for School year 2021- 2022
This year, you will receive an email from your child’s classroom teacher by Wednesday at 12:00 on August 25th. If for some reason you do not receive the email, we will have the class lists for 2021-22 posted outside the main entrance on Wednesday 12:00 - 4:00pm and they will also be posted on Thursday (from 7:30am - 7:00pm).