• Health Services

    Health Office News


    Please remember to update Emergency Cards if phone numbers, place of employment or emergency contacts change. Please call 651-748-6707 to update the information.

    If your child is absent, you must call the attendance line at 651-748-6717. The attendance line is available 24 hours a day.

    Attendance Reporting: When reporting your child's absence, please give illness details such as stomach upset, respiratory symptoms, rash, etc. We are tracking types of illnesses for our district as well as for the state, especially influenza and stomach illness.

    Please be sure that your children are dressed appropriately for the weather. Warm jackets, hats, mittens and boots (when needed) are necessary EVERYDAY for outdoor recess.

    Prescription and Over the Counter Medications

    The Health Office DOES NOT supply ANY over the counter medications including cough drops, Tylenol, Advil, cough syrup, etc. If your child needs any of these medications dispensed at school, parents and a doctor MUST fill out a "Request to Administer Medicine at School" form which can be faxed to school from the doctor¹s office (fax # 651-748-6791). The medication needs to be in the original sealed container. All prescription medications to be dispensed at school also need the "Request to Administer Medicine at School" form signed.

    New Dental Services for Families

    District #622 is pleased to have a new dental service available to families, especially those with limited income. The new Children's Dental Service Office is located at the District Education Center at 2520 12th Ave. E., North St. Paul, 55109. Hours are limited and transportation is not provided. Information is available in several languages. Please call 612-746-1530 for any questions.

    Health Matters... Chicken Pox needs to be Reported!
    Please call our Health Office at 651-748-6715 if your child is absent from school due to chickenpox (varicella).

    School nurses are required to notify the MN Department of Health when chickenpox occurs in schools. Tracking chickenpox helps us prevent/control outbreaks in schools and the community. It also helps MDH evaluate the effectiveness of immunization requirements and recommendations.

    Immunizations - Are your kids ready to start the school year?

    Minnesota School Immunization Law (State Statutes #121A.15) states that your child must complete immunization requirements before starting school. Students transferring to ISD 622 must provide immunization information when registering. Immunizations must be up-to-date prior to starting school or the child will not be allowed to enter school until immunizations are complete. Exemptions to immunization requirements are medical status or conscientious objectors. A waiver form must be signed and notarized for those students requesting exemption status.

    A copy of your child's current immunization record must be turned in to the school health office.  Visit our district website to download an immunization form

    Public Health Clinics offering immunizations to families who are under-insured or who have no insurance:
    • Ramsey County Public Health Immunization Clinic 651-266-1234
    • Washington County Public Health Immunization Clinic 651-430-6655 (If you need assistance due to a disability or language barrier, please call 651-430-6655 (TDD 651-430-6246).
  • Contact

    Health Office

    Attendance Line

    Update Emergency Cards