Castle School Student Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
Many students are dropped off or picked up at school. Our goal is to keep all Castle students safe. In order to do that, we ask for your support of the following guidelines:
Thank you for your support and adherence to these guidelines. When we all work together our students benefit.
- Be on time – Drop-Off is from 8:25-8:40 am; Pick-Up starts at 3:10 pm.
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up your student in the defined Drop-Off/Pick-Up Lane at the kindergarten entrance by the chain link fence. Do not enter the bus lanes. Please enter and exit in the correct driveway (see map below).
- Pull all the way up to the corner when you are dropping off or picking up your child to make room for other parent vehicles.
- Be patient and courteous to our staff members, patrols and volunteers, they are there to help keep your child safe. They will open the door and help your child in, or out, depending on time of day (like valet service).
- Pull into the parking lot lane to pick up your child (rather than parking on the street)
- Be aware at all times of the position of your vehicle as it relates to the driving lane. It is important to keep the way clear for safe exiting, please signal your turn. Please remember busses need the right-of-way.
- Remind your child to be ready and paying attention for your arrival after school.
- Parents are always welcome to park in a parking space and come into school to drop-off or pick-up their child. If you park and come in to pick up your child, please check with the Receptionist and then wait by the main doors or just outside of the doors. Please do not go into the office as it is extremely busy at the beginning and end of the day
- If your child is late to school, past 8:45, they are tardy and they must check in with the receptionist to sign in and receive a tardy pass before going to class.