Leaves of Absence
Leaves of absence can be requested for reasons of medical, military, non-compensatory or other leaves as designated by District policy and/or your labor agreement.
An employee who is absent for a medical reason (yourself or family member) for 5 or more days must be on an approved leave of absence. In most cases, certification from your physician will be required to document the need for a leave of absence and determine if your leave qualifies under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
The Report of Workability Form is required to be submitted to Human Resources prior to an employee returning to work from a leave of absence. Employees will not be allowed to return to work until they are medically released to return with or without restrictions and the form is reviewed by Human Resources.
All leave of absence forms should be submitted to the Human Resource Leave Specialist, Yia Song; email@example.com, P: 651-748-7424 F: 651-748-7448
Leave of Absence Forms:
- Leave of Absence Request Form
- Fitness for Duty Certification Form
- Child Care LOA Info (Applies only to employees under the Teacher's Contract)
- WH-380 Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee
- WH-380 Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee's Family Member
- FMLA Notice
- FMLA Fact Sheet
- Department of Labor FMLA Frequently Asked Questions
- Military Leave Provisions Under FMLA Fact Sheet
- USERRA Regulations - Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act Minnesota Statute