Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)
Summer 2022 P-EBT
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved Minnesota’s summer P-EBT plan!
Students who were approved for free or reduced-price meals and enrolled in the last month of the 2021-22 school year in the P-EBT portal will automatically be eligible for summer 2022 P-EBT benefits.
Newly eligible students who submit new applications for educational benefits or are directly certified between July 1, 2022, through September 2, 2022, can be added to the portal to qualify.
A child is eligible for Summer P-EBT if:
- School-age children: Children in grades K-12 who were approved to receive free or reduced-price meals at their school through the National School Lunch Program and enrolled in the last month of the 2021-2022 school year are eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits.
- Children 5 and younger: Children who were 5 or younger on Sept. 1, 2021, and who received SNAP, MFIP, or Tribal TANF, are eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits.
Families who have been approved for free or reduced-price meals or received P-EBT benefits through the 2021-22 school year and families on SNAP, MFIP, or Tribal TANF are eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits and do not need to take any action to receive them.
Other families with school-aged children who believe they may be eligible for Summer P-EBT benefits must complete an Application for Educational Benefits by Sept. 2, 2022, to qualify. Applications are available at your children’s school.
For questions about P-EBT:
- Contact the P-EBT Call Center at 651-431-4608 or 833-454-0153 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays.
- Complete the P-EBT Help Form, or call 651-431-4608 or 833-454-0153 for assistance in multiple languages.
- Visit mn.gov/dhs/p-ebt/faqs for frequently asked questions.
Food assistance is also available through the following resources: