Welcome to Human Resources"We are here to serve you"
The ISD 622 Human Resources Department believes in…
- An HR strategy anchored to mission
- Service organized around our customers
- Focusing on people and relationships
- Adding value to everything we do
- Attracting, developing and retaining a quality workforce
- Creating an organizational culture that people desire
- Anticipating change and understanding what is necessary to implement it
- Increasing diversity among our staff
- Taking advantage of new technologies"A desirable, respectful workplace where quality people achieve our mission."
A staff of eight oversees the human resources functions of 1,500 full- and part-time positions in the school district. This is a skeleton-sized staff compared to the human resources staffs of comparably-sized districts, who may employ as many as twice this number to complete the same amount of work asked of District 622 human resources staff members.The department's activities include:
- Staffing/recruitment and selection Attract and retain quality employees of diverse backgrounds. Advertise, recruit, process, evaluate, hire, place, orient.
- Organizational effectiveness/internal consulting Establish meaningful partnerships with our internal customers to improve the effectiveness of the organization through projects and initiatives.
- Performance management Assure that performance is aligned with School Board goals and vision. Create a culture of frequent performance feedback and consistent performance expectations. Performance appraisals and corrective measures taken when necessary.
- Benefits administration/management Procure insurance plans, enroll employees and administer claims, customer service issues and cost effectiveness. Manage the time-off system.
- Compensation/classification/job evaluation Provide competitive wages that aid in recruitment, retention and positive organizational culture. Develop job specifications for all positions. Undertake ongoing job evaluation and reclassification process.
- Employee/labor relations Grievance resolution, contract negotiations, and problem resolution for seven bargaining units.
- Organizational health Wellness program, return-to-work program, workers' compensation, FMLA and ADA accommodations, safety issues.
- Human Resources records management Establish and maintain all employee records.
- Personnel transactions Record and track wage, step, and lane changes, as well as promotions, job transfers, hirings, terminations, payroll adjustments.