• Health Services

    Health Office News

    When to keep your child home from school:

    Many students and parents are frequently concerned about when students should stay home or attend school. The following information is intended to help you with that decision.
    • If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or more, they need to stay home for 24 hours after their temperature returns to normal without medication.
    • If your child has vomited or had diarrhea, they need to stay home 24 hours after the last episode.
    • Please notify the school health office if your child develops a communicable disease such as strep throat, chicken pox, pertussis, head lice, impetigo, scarlet fever, influenza, scarletina, pink eye, etc. Remember to keep your child home until they have been on medication for 24 hours.
    The health office does not supply cough drops. If your child is experiencing excessive coughing, they may need to stay home. If they have an occasional cough and feel well, a supply of cough drops along with a note signed by their parent may be sent to the Health Office.

    Call the school attendance line at (651) 748-7000 when your child will be absent or late to school. You may leave a message 24 hours a day.

    Please keep your child’s EMERGENCY INFORMATION CARD up to date. We need to be able to reach you in an emergency. Call (651)748-7015 to update your card.

    P.S. Wash your hands- Wash your hands- Wash your hands!
    This is the best remedy!
    Additional note:

    The health office is looking for new or gently used sweatpants in sizes 5-14.
    Your contribution would be greatly appreciated.

    Immunizations - Are your kids ready to start the 2021-2022 school year?

    Minnesota School Immunization Law (State Statutes #123.70) states that your child must complete immunization requirements before starting school. Students transferring to ISD 622 must provide immunization information when registering. Immunizations must be up-to-date prior to starting school or the child will not be allowed to enter school until immunizations are complete. Exemptions to immunization requirements are medical status or conscientious objectors. A waiver form must be signed and notarized for those students requesting exemption status.

    A copy of your child"s current immunization record must be turned in to the school health office.

    Public Health Clinics offering immunizations to families who are under-insured or who have no insurance:
    • Ramsey County Public Health Immunization Clinic 651-266-1234
    • Washington County Public Health Immunization Clinic 651-430-6655 (If you need assistance due to disability or language barrier, please call 651-430-6655 (TDD 651-430-6246)