Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a temporary food benefit available to Minnesota families with children in grades K-12 who would have received free or reduced-price meals if schools were open. P-EBT has changed for the 2020-21 school year. Families eligible last year are not necessarily eligible for P-EBT this year.
If you haven't applied yet, submit an Application for Educational Benefits by February 28 to be considered for the first round of benefits in late March. See the link to the application at the right.
Student must be:
- Approved for free and reduced-price school meals through the Application for Educational Benefits; or
- Enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
In addition, benefits will only be issued to these students when:
- They were in distance and/or hybrid learning for the majority of school days in a month.
Students who spent the majority of school days doing in-person learning in a month will not receive any food benefits for that month even if they are in an eligible student category (as above).
Applying for the 2020-21 P-EBT benefits
There is no separate P-EBT application. Families must be approved for free and reduced-price school meals to be considered for P-EBT benefits. SNAP, MFIP, and Tribal TANF students are automatically qualified.
- Applications for Educational Benefits approved by February 28 will be considered for the earliest benefit issuance.
- You do not have to do anything if you are already on SNAP, MFIP, Tribal TANF, or if you have already applied for free and reduced-price school meals for the 2020-21 school year.
- Make sure the school has your current address and contact information. This is to ensure P-EBT cards are mailed to the correct address.
- Pre-K children will not be included at this time.
- Families approved for free and reduced-price school meals by February 28, 2021, will be notified in March if they can expect to receive P-EBT benefits in late March.
- All families will receive retroactive benefits on a staggered schedule. The initial March benefits will include benefits for September through October 2020.
- Each child will get a different food benefit amount based on their school’s learning model. See the frequently asked questions on the Minnesota Department of Human Services P-EBT webpage for examples.
If you are not certain whether you need to fill out an application for free and reduced-price school meals for this school year, please contact ISD 622 Nutrition Services at 651-748-7530.
Online meal payment system
ISD 622 families should register to use Titan School Solutions for school meal payments. Titan School Solutions has replaced PayPams. Families can make meal payments, view balance information, send email reminders, and view cafeteria purchases. Student balances have been transferred to the new system.Online application for Education Benefits/Free Reduced MealsEvery ISD 622 family should complete an application for Education Benefits/Free or Reduced Meals. The application helps us identify families who need assistance and allows District 622 to receive federal dollars for classroom programming. These federal dollars help us stretch our local funding further.
Families must complete a new form each school year. Also, families who have completed an application and have experienced a change in household income or size are encouraged to complete a new application.
The online application process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere! Visit the ISD 622 Titan School Solutions website to apply today!
Apply for Educational Benefits Online! It's easy!ISD 622 encourages families to apply for Educational Benefits online using Titan School Solutions, our online meal system.
The online application process is SAFE, SECURE, PRIVATE, and AVAILABLE anytime, anywhere!
- Your information is always safe and secure
- You can apply online anytime, anywhere
- Your online application is good for the environment
Find Titan School Solutions on the 622 Mobile App
Search for the School District 622 mobile app in your app store. Then click on the Titan School Solutions icon. Make payments, view student account balances and cafeteria purchases, and the last three payments on the account. The app can be personalized by adding your student's photo.