School Board OverviewRole of the School BoardThe School Board of Independent School District 622 transacts matters pertaining to the maintenance and operation of the School District. The state gives the School Board the authority and responsibility to:
Members of the School Board are elected by you to represent your interests in determining how our schools will be operated.The Board establishes policies on everything from curriculum to athletic programs, and these policies are carried out by the superintendent of schools.
- Develop and adopt policies for the operation of the schools.
- Employ a superintendent to provide educational leadership for the district and to serve as its chief administrative officer.
- Provide materials, equipment, supplies and facilities to support an effective educational program.
- Express and represent the view of the school district community on educational issues.
- Provide equal educational opportunities for every child in accordance with state and federal statutes.
Board members must stand for election every four years.
Board sets goals for school yearEach year the North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School Board sets goals to focus on for the upcoming school year.The board sets annual goals to maximize the achievement of all learners, expand learning partnerships and opportunities, practice strong fiscal responsibility and keep all stakeholders informed.
The following goals were adopted:
- Continue to direct and empower the superintendent to hold staff accountable for improving student achievement, closing learning gaps and creating a sustained sense of urgency for positive change.
- Continue to strengthen and create partnerships to expand learning opportunities and to maximize effective and efficient use of resources.
- Continue to reallocate resources and provide optimum educational opportunities for all learners while maintaining sound financial health.
- Communicate District 622 key messages with internal and external stakeholders.
Contact InformationPlease send an email message to individual board members as shown below or choose Email all Board Members to send one message to everyone.NOTE: Email addresses contain an underscore (first_last) between the first and last name.Michelle Yener, Chair
Term ends Dec. 31, 2022
firstname.lastname@example.orgNancy Livingston, Vice ChairTerm ends Dec. 31, 2024Ben Jarman, ClerkTerm ends Dec. 31, 2022Caleb Anderson, TreasurerTerm ends Dec. 31, 2022Steve Hunt, DirectorTerm ends Dec. 31, 2024