TARTAN BOYS TRACK AND FIELDTeam Rules:
- Commit to the team by being at practice every day on time. Coaches will determine what is excused and unexcused.
- First unexcused absence will result in loss of some events for the next meet, including relays.
- Second unexcused absence will result in loss of all events for the next meet.
- Third unexcused absence may result in dismissal from the team.
- Excessive tardies or excessive excused absences will have the same result as an unexcused absence. Coaches will determine what is excessive.
- If you are going to be late due to going to the trainer, check in with a coach first.
- If you are late because you were with a teacher, bring a signed note with the time on it.
- If you are going to miss a practice, let your position or head coach know ahead of time with a phone call, text or email. Verbalizing it or sending another athlete to inform us is not acceptable
- Cheer on all teammates. Make it a goal to visit areas of the track meet that you would not normally be at. Everybody will watch and cheer the 4x400 at the end of the meet unless there is a field event still going on. We will not board the bus until the last event is completed!
- Everybody rides the bus to and from meets.
- Follow school rules. Be on time, study, participate and be a model student.
- Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Score 10 varsity points during the regular season (excluding meets with true team scoring format, they will be factored into the score via regular scoring totals) with great attendance.
- Score in the Conference Championship Meet. Note; relays must be All-Conference or Honorable Mention at the Conference Championship Meet.
- Score in the Section Meet.
- A returning athlete with excellent attendance.
- Coach's discretion.