HEAD COACH: Liz Olson
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (preferred)
CELL PHONE: - 651-734-5348
ASSISTANT COACH: MERRIDITH JOLY
CELL PHONE: 651-230-1045
Must have CURRENT PHYSICAL ON FILE!
Start Date: Monday, March 29th - End Date: June 8th
Meet in Room 100 (English Wing) @ 2:30 -4:30pm BRING A PUTTER, 7 or 8 Iron
Check WEEKLY PRACTICE FOLDER each Monday!
Equipment needed for the season: Golf clubs, bag, balls, shoes, cart, and proper attire.
Practice times: Monday - Friday 2:15 to 4:30 when at Tartan for Indoor practice; Monday - Thursday 2:30-5:00 or later if playing at Oak Marsh
Goodrich Dome: NA THIS YEAR due to Covid
IMPORTANT: Students are expected to find their own rides to all Practices and HOME matches and the Dome.
For those of you new to golf, here 's how the season goes.
We need players, so please consider coming out. You will have a fun time learning a sport you can play for a lifetime!
1. Practices M-TH; Fridays off/optional unless there is a match. See Match Schedules for Dates, places,and times.
2. We play in the MetroEastConference. Varsity currently has 7 Matches and 3 Tournaments; JV full schedule yet to be determined.
3. Each match has 6 players from each school. In a match, the top 4/6 players scores from each team are counted to determine a winner. LOWEST score wins.
4. Players can also win individual honors for their own personal scores.
BE PREPARED FOR ALL WEATHER CONDITIONS: We play in all types of weather. Suggestions to have available:
2. Rain Gear
3. Water bottle
4. Gloves or mittens for cold weather. Golf gloves and rain gloves. -
5. Golf Towel
6. Lip balm or sunscreen
7. Stocking cap or headband for ears
8. Bug Spray
9. Hat or visor
10. Waterproof golf shoes or leather tennis shoes. Include extra socks if needed when raining.
-11. Snacks: granola bars, nuts, fruit, etc... (18 holes can be 4-6 hours on course)
12. Hand warmers or foot warmers if really cold. (Rules do not allow you to put golf ball in same pocket as warmer)
13. Band-aids or sports tape. (Blisters are really common for golfers, especially if wearing new shoes)
15. Wear layers for cold weather. The top layer should be Under Armour, turtleneck, long sleeve shirt under polo, windbreaker or jacket.
16. Wind pants or athletic sport pants with leggings or cotton slacks underneath.
PACE OF PLAY: TIPS TO MOVE ALONG
1. Walk at a brisk pace.
2. Never take more than 1 practice swing. You have 40 seconds to get your shot off!
3. Play ready golf. Continue hitting toward the hole, as long as it is safe, and always announce to fellow players.
4. Walk directly to your ball and start preparing right away.
5. Place bag to the side of the ball and always move bag at each shot.
6. When approaching green, place bag to the side of green the next tee box is on, but out of play.
7. On the green mark ball, clean and place back down if furthest from the hole.
8. Always putt out if not standing in another player's line.
9. The first one to putt out, go and stand by flagstick to be ready to put it in the hole when everyone completes putting.
10. Go directly to tee box after declaring score.
11. All scoring should be done at next tee box NOT AT THE GREEN. Say your score OUTLOUD!
12. Always play a provisional ball if you feel the ball is lost or out of bounds. (GOING IN THE WATER IS NOT A PLACE TO USE A PROVISIONAL BALL)