WHEN INSIDE AT TARTAN, PRACTICE TIMES ARE FROM 2:30 PM TO 4:30 PM.
ALL OUTDOOR PRACTICES START AT 2:45 PM AT OAK MARSH AND GO UNTIL 5:00-5:30 PM (MAY GO LONGER IF PLAYING THE COURSE)PRACTICE CONSIST OF: DRILLS: PUTTING, CHIPPING, GYM MAT HITTING OR DOME (if possible) UNTIL OUTSIDE, SAND SHOTS, PLAYING THE COURSE, RULES AND INFORMATION, AND CONDITIONING INSIDE UNTIL ON THE COURSE.REMEMBER: All players must find their own ride to practices at Oak Marsh, the Dome, and Home Matches.Dome practices: Due to Covid, schools will not be allowed to practice at the Dome this year. However, you can go on your own.Please watch the following videos in order and practice the skills as best you can. Each week I will post new videos for you to watch and keep up with so when we start the season, we will be ready!! Learn the RULES!! I have provided a SPIRAL Binder for all girls when we meet to keep all your handouts in. Make sure to go over all the information/files in our Girl's Golf section.WEEK #1/ Day #1/ March 29 - Meet in Room 100 @ 2:30- Bring a Putter, 8 Iron & Bring Spiral Binder to practice every day!
- Sign In / Handouts: Player Information Sheet with Goals / Schedules / Policy Packet / GOLF Rules / Character Expectations / Performance
- Rules Pre-Test
- Grip Video #8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jQeH-Chl8
- Putting Video #15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4C9gZ_Or3Y
- Alignment Sticks #12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wev3s64v6as
- Hallway Practice Putting
**WEEKLY HOMEWORK: Practice Gripping & Putting; Put all Handouts in Spiral Binder; Parent Signature on 2 Packets! Watch videos again!
DAY #2 / March 30 - MEET IN ROOM 100; THEN GYM - NET HITTING Bring 7, 8 Irons, Putter AND Alignment Sticks
- Half Swing #30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvv4yYKBUu0
- WEDGES / CHIP #31 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HttXJN0u5E8 (Harmon)
- 8 Second Countdown Putting #18 https://www.golftipsmag.com/video/putting/8-second-countdown/
- Rules Questions?? / PRE-SHOT ROUTINE / PACE OF PLAY
- Hit in net /putting drills
DAY #3/ March 31 Meet in Room 100;Bring 8 Iron, Putter AND Alignment Sticks
- Etiquette Video #9/10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQi9sC2vE4
- **Video Golf Layout/terms/clubs #5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRknA-YtRuM
- Video 2019 RULE CHANGES #6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPOtfLUHC0 (Expert Golf)
- Putting Review
- Putting Upstairs Games
DAY #4 / April 1 - MEET IN ROOM 100; THEN GYM - NET HITTING Bring 7, 8 Irons, Putter AND Alignment Sticks
1. **Chipping 101 #32 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFd1xocxrE
2. Net Hitting/ Putting
DAY #5 / April 2 - Meet in Room 100 - Bring 8 Iron, Putter AND Alignment Sticks
- WARM-UPS #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHP70Xv14kY
- 5 MINUTE Warm-up #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCM4J-XdlNc
- Warm-ups / Stretches
- Hitting/Putting Upstairs / Go over Rules Pre-Test / Review Rules Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPOtfLUHC0
PRACTICE WHAT YOU ARE LEARNING FROM THE VIDEOS!
I will be sending out DAILY RULES QUIZZES for you to try! Give it a go! See what you know and keep watching the RULES VIDEOS to keep learning about them. You will have to pass the GOLF TEST @ 80% to be able to play!!