August - December
Review your high school coursework and activity plan.
Keep in mind that colleges look for the following:
- Challenging coursework.
- Strong GPA.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities such as sports, volunteer work or activities with your church.
- Put together a list of 10 colleges that you would like to attend. Plan to apply to at least 3-5 schools.
- Study and register for the PSAT.
- Obtain dates and locations of college fairs.
- Take the PSAT (October).
January - February
- Begin to narrow your college list and obtain catalogs for each school.
- Attend financial aid nights
- Schedule college visits
March - May
- Register for the ACT or SAT
- Begin preparing essays for college admissions and scholarship applications.
- Keeps your grades up!
- Plan your summer activities to help with college admissions.
June - July
- Visit colleges and take tours
- Read a variety of books
- Save money for college