School delays, dismissals, and closings
The North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District has established procedures regarding delays in school opening, early dismissal or emergency school closings.
All delays in school opening, early dismissal of school, or emergency school closings are announced via the School District’s emergency calling system and over local radio and television stations. The emergency calling system allows the district to notify all parents by phone and text in the event of an emergency, such as a school closing. When the emergency calling feature is used, all phone numbers listed as contact numbers for a family will be called. If you have changed phone numbers, please notify the school secretary. In the event of a delay in school opening or emergency school closing, local radio and television stations will be contacted as early as possible. Students and parents should watch local television channels for emergency messages.
When there is a delay in opening the schools, the school starting time will always be delayed at least two hours. In addition:
Morning Preschool is canceled.
Morning Community Education classes and activities are canceled.
Morning Early Childhood Family Education programs are canceled.
- Morning Early Childhood Special Education programs are canceled.
- Adventure Connection will be closed for the before-school session. The after-school session will be open as usual, unless the administration announces otherwise.
- Meals on Wheels is canceled.
- All afternoon and evening Community Education classes and activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.
- Adventure Connection is closed.
- After-school activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.
When School is Closed
- All Community Education activities are canceled including ECFE programs, Meals on Wheels, and Adult Basic Education and GED classes.
- Adventure Connection sites are closed.
- All after-school activities are canceled
When inclement weather necessitates the cancellation of activities on non-school days or after the end of the school day, all community education activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.