Weather Alert Information
The North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District has established procedures regarding delays in school starting, early dismissal, or cancellations.
District 622 uses a variety of methods to inform families, staff, and the community about school closures and cancellations.
District 622 will notify parents by approximately 5:30 a.m. on the day of the late start, cancellation, or early dismissal, using the following tools:
- Text messages
- Voicemail messages
- Email messages
- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts
- District and school website posts, and
- Local media outlets including the WCCO, KARE, KSTP, and KMSP on-screen scrolling messages
School Delays, Dismissals, and Closings
The North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School District has established procedures regarding delays in school opening, early dismissal or emergency school closings.
All delays in school opening, early dismissal of school, or emergency school closings are announced via the School District’s emergency calling system and over local radio and television stations. The emergency calling system allows the district to notify all parents by phone and text in the event of an emergency, such as a school closing. When the emergency calling feature is used, all phone numbers listed as contact numbers for a family will be called. If you have changed phone numbers, please notify the school secretary. In the event of a delay in school opening or emergency school closing, local radio and television stations will be contacted as early as possible. Students and parents should watch local television channels for emergency messages.
When there is a delay in opening the schools, the school starting time will always be delayed at least two hours. In addition:
- Morning Preschool is canceled.
- Morning Community Education classes and activities are canceled.
- Morning Early Childhood Family Education programs are canceled.
- Morning Early Childhood Special Education programs are canceled.
- Adventure Connection will be closed for the before-school session. The after-school session will be open as usual, unless the administration announces otherwise.
- Meals on Wheels is canceled.
- All afternoon and evening Community Education classes and activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.
- Adventure Connection is closed.
- After-school activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.
When School is Closed
- All Community Education activities are canceled, including ECFE programs, Meals on Wheels, Adult Basic Education, and GED classes.
- Adventure Connection sites are closed.
- All after-school activities are canceled
When inclement weather necessitates the cancellation of activities on non-school days or after the end of the school day, all community education activities will be canceled unless the superintendent or designee makes an exception.
Elementary and Early Learning
In the event that there is a need to close school due to a weather-related closure, ISD622 has chosen to provide an equitable educational experience at home to our K-5 students through the use of academic choice boards.
The enclosed boards will provide instruction in the event of a short-term school closure of 4 days or less. Many of the activities can be repeated more than one day. There are enough activities to choose from on these boards to fulfill four days of learning. The activities listed take into consideration that many families may not have access to a device and/or the internet on these days. Please note that any activities listed on the choice boards that require technology to complete are optional/supplemental in nature.
You are receiving a copy of these choice boards ahead of time, so please put them in a safe location so you can access them later in the year if needed. On the day of a closure, teachers will also send out a link to the district website where a digital version of the choice boards is available to families. This communication will be sent out by 10:00 a.m. with information and different ways to communicate with your student’s teacher for the day. They will also be listed on the district website. If you have questions about the activities for the day of a closure, feel free to contact your student’s teacher(s). Teachers will be available via phone and email from 10:00 a.m. through the end of the school day.
E-Learning days are something new for all of us and it will take collaboration between students, families and teachers. Please reach out to your student’s teacher(s) with any concerns or questions
- All classes will have content in Schoology for the day’s learning
- Teachers will post work by 10:00 am for the students they would have seen that day
- Teachers will be available for synchronous (online and via phone) help beginning at 10:00 am through the end of the school day to answer questions and provide guidance
- Due dates for remote learning day assignments will be flexible
- Teachers will share their school phone number with students/families and are expected to check their voicemail and email and respond regularly during school hours