NORTH HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thursday, November 21, 2019
Nov. 25 – Final Exams, Periods 1,3,5, 8:15am-1:15pm (TIME CHANGE)
Nov. 26 – Final Exams, Periods 2,4,6, 8:15am-1:15pm (TIME CHANGE)
Nov. 27 – Staff Development/Preparation Day – NO SCHOOL
Nov. 28 – Thanksgiving Holiday, Nov. 28-29
- PLEASE NOTE THAT FINAL DAYS TIME HAS CHANGED. NEW SCHOOL HOURS ARE 8:15AM-1:15PM FOR BOTH NOVEMBER 25TH & 26TH.
- Students enrolled in a Career and Tech Class at 916/Century will be excused from class at 9:15 for finals on Monday, 11/25/19 and Tuesday 11/26/19
- FINAL EXAM ATTENDANCE POLICY: All students are expected to attend the full day of final exams. (8:15 - 1:15) Only absences due to illness will be excused unless the absence has been pre-approved. If a student is absent due to an appointment or needs to leave early for an appointment, the absence will be marked unexcused unless it is verified by a note from a doctor or clinic.
- Attention students: North High's Air Force Junior ROTC (AFJROTC) has two new classes starting second trimester, period 2 and 5. If you are interested in joining the program this year, now is the time to see your counselor.
- Do you love to sing and dance? Then you participate in the 10th annual NORTHERN LIGHTS SHOW CHOIR CLINIC Sponsored by the North High Show Choir. For all students grades 1-12, Friday, December 6th & Saturday, December 7th at North High School. Register Online https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/20f0a44a9ab2da0f85-2019/74077921.
- An attendance reminder for parents: We are seeing an increase of parents arriving at school to pick up their students without prior notice or calling with short notice. We want to release students as efficiently as possible and we understand some appointments are made with short notice however; the general policy for excusing students early is to leave a message on the attendance line in the morning or to send a note to school with the student. The student should bring the note to the welcome desk in the morning and they receive a pass. If you come to school to pick up your student without prior notice or call with short notice, we will do our best to deliver a pass as quickly as possible but know this will require extra waiting time since we do not always have staff or student aids available to deliver passes.
- Senior pictures for the yearbook are due Tuesday, November 26th. See attachment for pictures guidelines. Contact Mr. Schahn at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Community Education invites girls and women to attend an evening of swimming and fun! Our next Girls Swim Night Out this year is being held on Friday, November 22 at John Glenn MS, 1560 County R B Maplewood.
6:30 - 8:00 pm - open swimming
8:00 - 9:00 pm - refreshments served
For more information call 651-748-7442. Suggested donation (not required) Student/Child $2 | Adults $3 | Immediate Family $6
- Looking for a flyer? Make sure and look at “Peachjar” on the North website.
- Below is a list of colleges that will be visiting North. College Visits are limited to Junior and Senior students. Please use the google form on the North website under “Guidance, College Visits”. to sign up to visit with a college representative. Passes to visit will be delivered during 1st hour the day of the visit. All visits will take place in the Forum unless indicated below.
St. Cloud – Tuesday, December 3rd @ 10:15
- Winter sports are now available for signups on Fee Pay. FEEPAY.COM. Please make sure your athlete has a valid sport physical prior to signing up. All athletes must be signed up and paid via fee pay prior to the first day of tryouts. For more information on tryouts, please check the North High Website. Questions contact the activities office at 651-748-6021.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK OF NOVEMBER 18-23
Below is a link to the Multiple Activities for North. When visiting the link below, you can always view the latest version of this information and can also use the buttons in the upper right of this report to print, email, or download the information into many different file formats for use in other programs.