NORTH HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Monday, February 24, 2020
Feb. 25 – Precinct Caucus
Feb. 29 – Show Choir Competition at North
March 1 – DECA State Conference March 1-3, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis
March 3 – Presidential Primary Election, NO activities after 6pm
March 3 – Staff Development/District Staff Development, NO SCHOOL
March 4 – Final exams, Periods 1,3,5, 8:15am-1:15pm
March 4 – MCA testing window March 4-May 3
March 5 – Final exams 2,4,6, 8:15am-1:15pm, End of 2nd Trimester
March 5 – BPA State Leadership Conference March 5-7
March 6 – Staff Development/Preparation Day/ NO SCHOOL
March 9 – Spring Break March 9-13
March 16 – Drivers Ed March 16-31
March 16 – 3rd team begins
March 18 – ASVAB Test
March 21 – Masterworks Concert, 7:00pm
March 24 – ACT
March 27 – Sadie Hawkins Dance, Gym 8:00pm-11:00pm
- There is NO PARKING AT SAINT MARKS CHURCH ON FEB. 27TH DUE TO A FUNERAL.
- Order your 2020 yearbook now at ybpay.lifetouch.com. Cost is $55. Buy yours now before the prices increases. Please use code 12203520 when ordering.
- Any sophomores or juniors with a GPA of at least 3.25 and who did not receive and invitation to apply for National Honor Society can pick up an application in N314. They are due by February 27th. No late applications will be accepted.
- Do you have aluminum cans sitting around that you need to recycle somewhere? Fusion Drumline of ISD622 has a can cage at North, right in front of the ice arena. Fusion turns the cans in to raise money for instruments, costumes, and props. The drumline would love your support!
- Community Education invites girls and women to attend an evening of swimming and fun!. Our next Girls Swim Night Out this year is being held on Friday, February 28 at John Glenn MS, 1560 County R B Maplewood.
6:30 - 8:00 pm - open swimming
8:00 - 9:00 pm - refreshments served
For more information call 651-748-7442. Suggested donation (not required) Student/Child $2 | Adults $3 | Immediate Family $6
CLASS OF 2020:
- Parents and Guardians of North High School Seniors, The North High School Senior Party is an all-night, lock-in style celebration that is held for the graduating seniors. It is not only a memorable and entertaining event but it gives our students a safe place to celebrate their achievement with fellow classmates and friends. The chaperoned, alcohol and drug-free evening is planned, funded, organized and run by the parents. Every parent and guardian is invited and encouraged to get involved in some way - big or small. Our hope is that ALLseniors of the Class of 2020 take part in this incredible party experience! You can't win any fabulous prizes if you’re not there! Ticket form is on Peachjar on the North website. Tickets are $65 thru APRIL
Next Parent Planning Meetings
VFW in North St Paul, Upstairs meeting room 6 pm - 7:30 pm
Wed, March 4
Tues, April 14
Next Lunch Room Ticket sales Thursday, Feb 27, March 26, April 30
*Tickets will be $65 thru April.
Next Cub Foods Bagging Fundraiser for Senior All Night Party
Sunday, March 29, Cub Foods - Buerkle Rd & White Bear Ave location
10 am - 4 pm
3 shifts, All seniors that volunteer will earn an EXTRA prize drawing ticket for EACH 2 hour shift at the Senior All Night Party. *Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up
- FREE ACT Prep course sponsored by Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated runs from Feb 1st through March 7th. Students can register via the eventbrite link below.
- TONIGHT February 24th from 5:00-6:30pm Tartan is hosting a Minnesota Education Fair! Visit with representatives from over 100 programs you could attend after high school. Go to gotocollegefairs.com to pre-register. Print your unique barcode and bring it along! Representatives will be able to scan your barcode to provide you with more information in the future.
- Students who are in AP Psychology/AP Macroeconomics and AP Microeconomics - the payment for the later start AP classes is coming up soon! Payment needs to be made by Monday, March 2nd. AP Exams will be $50/exam or $10/exam on free/reduced status. A $50 late fee will be applied by the College Board for ordering an exam after March 2nd! Payment can be made in the Guidance office - cash or check (made payable to North High School).
Please fill out the attached Exam Contract and return with payment or indicating that you are NOT taking the corresponding class exams. Students can bring the contract and payment to the guidance office by Monday, March 2nd.
- SPRING SPORTS REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 3RD. Sign up on feepay. Must have a current sports physical on file in the activities office. Must be signed up prior to the first day of practice/tryouts
- Girls interested in playing golf this spring please come to a preseason meeting Thursday, February 27th at 3:00pm in Room 157.
- Boys Track Informational Meeting- There will be a Boys Track sign up meeting on Tuesday 2/25 at 2:55 pm in the North Cafeteria. All 9th through 12th grade boys are welcome. If you are unable to attend, please see Coach Wallert in the weight room.
- Girls Track Informational Meeting- There will be a Girls Track sign up meeting on Wednesday 2/26 at 2:55 pm in the North Cafeteria. All 9th through 12th grade girls are welcome. If you are unable to attend, please see Coach Wallert in the weight room.
- Baseball Parent Meeting – Baseball season is approaching! There will be a parent meeting TODAY Monday, February 24th at 7:30pm in the Forum. Please enter through the West doors. The forum is located on the 1st floor of the school. Please have at least 1 parent attend the meeting. We encourage players to attend with parents. We will be introducing the coaching staff and talking about the upcoming season. Any questions please feel free to email Coach Danny Larson at email@example.com.
- The Boys Lacrosse team is looking for players for this year’s team. There will be an informational meeting for Parents and Students on Wednesday February 26that 6:00 in the cafeteria. If you have questions about this season or playing this season please email Coach Carter: firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on Wednesday!!
- Polar Boys Swim & Dive competed in the Section 4AA Championship over the weekend. The team finished 7th overall, with many exceptional swims throughout the meet; the 14 competing athletes collectively achieved 34 personal best times! Highlights: freshman Carson Pedersen finished 14th in the 50 freestyle; freshman Willy Coborn finished 2nd in the 100 freestyle and 5th in the 100 backstroke; sophomore Jonathan Peabody finished 2nd in the 200 freestyle and 2nd in the 500 freestyle - Jonathan's 500 freestyle swim also broke the North school record by nearly 8 seconds! Willy and Jonathan have qualified for the State Meet, which will take place on Friday, Feb. 28th and Saturday, Feb. 29th.
Coaches Tess Behrens and Diane Pottratz were also named Section 4AA Head Coach and Assistant Coach of the Year.