NORTH HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Mar. 20 – College Fair 5:00pm-7:00pm
Mar. 23 – Masterworks Concert, 7:00pm
Mar. 29 – Sadie Hawkins Dance, Gym 8:00pm-11:00pm
Apr. 2 – ACT for 11th grade, MCA Reading for 10th grade, NO SCHOOL for 9th & 12th grades
Apr. 4 – Spring Play Grandma’s Best Years, April 4-6
Apr. 8 – Driver’s Ed April 8-24, skip April 18, Monday-Thursday 2:55-5:55pm/Forum
Apr. 16 – Jazz/Pop Convert 7:00pm
Apr. 19 – Spring Holiday
Apr. 24 – NHS Induction, Aud/Café 7:00pm
Apr. 26 – Festival of Cultures
- ACT & MCA testing – April 2nd all juniors will be taking the ACT test. Juniors are required to be at school. Also, all Sophomores will be taking the MCA Reading portion. Students in grades 9 & 12 should stay home. They will not be allowed into the building. More information to follow.
- TRAVEL OPPORTUNITY GREECE & ITALY SPRING BREAK 2020. Join us for a trip to Greece and Italy! It’s not too early to plan a Spring Break trip in 2020. We will be traveling to Greece and Italy during Spring Break 2020. JOIN US and visit the legendary theaters of the very first Olympic Games, the magical monasteries built on a series of ancient rock pinnacles, tour the Roman Catacombs!! This trip will consist of a 10 day excursion to Greece and Italy. ALL are welcome for this exciting opportunity to travel and experience amazing archaeology, history, mathematicians (including Hipprocrates and Pythagoras) and breathtaking countryside. Meeting in Room 206 TONIGHT WEDNESDAY March 20th at 6:15pm
- North Drama presents the Heartfelt Comedy Grandma's Best Years April 4-6th. Evening performances are at 7:00pm and a matinee at 2:00pm on Saturday. Tickets are $6 for students and seniors and $8 for adults. Discount Tickets on sale NOW at northdrama.org until 3/31.
- North High Student Council is hosting a Sadie Hawkin's dance on March 29th from 8-11pm in the North High Cafeteria. We are still in need of chaperones! If you are able to chaperone, please contact Paula Clegg at email@example.com. Chaperone's children that attend North High will get a free ticket to Sadie's!
- Girls Swim Night Out is this Friday, March 22 at John Glenn MS. Join your female family and friends for a fun evening at the pool. Swimming is from 6:30 - 8:00 pm and refreshments are from 8:00 - 8:45 pm. A suggested donation of $2 per student, $3 per adult $6 per immediate family helps support the event.
- Volunteer to help youth with disabilities learn to swim. If you love swimming and working with children this is a great opportunity for you. You will work one-to-one with a student in the pool. Our trained aquatic instructors lead each class. Volunteers should be 14 years or older and know how to swim. Classes are at John Glenn MS Tuesday evenings April 9 - May 14 from 5:30 - 6:15 pm and 6:15 - 7:30 pm. Volunteer for one or both. Training is provided on April 2 from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. Volunteer online at isd622.org/volunteeror call 651-748-7536.
ATHLETIC/ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK:
- Girls and Boys Lacrosse captains practices:
March 18-22nd 8:30-9:30 pm gym 3,4
March 25-29th 8:30-9:30 pm gyms 3,4
- Softball Captains Practice:
March 18-22nd 4:30-6:30 pm Gyms 1,2
- Spring sports start after spring break. Please have a valid physical on file in the activities office. You must register and pay online at feepay.com. Prior to the start of tryouts/practice.
- Boys Golf Informational Meeting Thursday March 28th 3:00 pm meet in room 157.
- Boys 9th and 10th grade Baseball Players will be practicing at John Glenn. Students needing transportation need to catch the bus after school. Baseball bats are not allowed on our buses. See Coach Knutsen to take it over for you. Questions please contact your coach.
CLASS OF 2019:
- Come and support the Senior All Night Party at Chipotle on Tuesday, March 26th 5:00-9:00pm. Please mention the Senior All Night Party or show the flyer from your smart phone. Flyer attached
- Next Senior All Night Party meeting is Wednesday, April 17 at 6:30pm in the cafeteria.
- Reserve your spot at the Senior All Night Party. The party will be held at North High School. It will begin on Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 10:00 pm and will conclude at 5:00 am on Friday, June 7, 2019. Tickets are $70 and all the fun entertainment, delicious food and opportunities to win fabulous prizes are included in the cost of your ticket. No student is allowed into the party without a previously purchased ticket. Please see the attachment on how to purchase your ticket to the fun! Ticket forms and money can be turned into the Main office.