NORTH HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
Nov. 22 – Thanksgiving Break, November 22-23
Nov. 28 – Final exams, Periods 1,3,5, 8:30am-1:30pm
Nov. 29 – End of First trimester, Final periods 2,4,6, 8:30-1:30
Nov. 29 – Neon Dance, 7:00-11:00pm, Cafeteria
Nov. 30 – Show Choir Clinic, Nov. 30-Dec. 1
Nov. 30 – Staff Development/District Staff Development – NO SCHOOL
- Student council will be hosting the neon dance on Nov. 29th and we are in need of chaperones. We would appreciate any parents/guardians who are willing to chaperone from 6:30-11 PM. Please contact Htoo Poe at firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Clegg at email@example.com if you are interested.
- ATTENTION PARENTS: With winter weather approaching, we want to ensure our students are in a safe and warm place after school. Please remember our building is open from 7:00am to 4:15p. Please make sure students are picked up by 4:15 since the campus and building will be closed at 4:15p, Students will be asked to leave at that time unless prior arrangements with a staff member are made.
- FINALS ATTENDANCE POLICY: All students are expected to attend the full day of final exams. Only absences due to illness will be excused unless the absence has been pre-approved. If a student is absent due to an appointment or needs to leave early for an appointment, the absence will be marked unexcused unless it is verified by a note from a doctor or clinic.
- You are invited to attend Tartan's Asian Student Alliance's Asian New Year on Thursday, December 6th, from 5:00pm - 7:30pm in the Tartan Auditorium. There will be a fashion show, and up to 25 student performances. Tickets are $3 for advanced and $5 at the door. For advanced tickets and information, please email Ms. Thao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North High School has some exciting news to share! We are currently scheduling College Representatives to come and talk to prospective junior and senior students. Students can look online at the Guidance Page on our website to see who is scheduled to come (https://www.isd622.org/northguidance then “College Visits” on lower left heading). If a student would like to talk with the college representative, they can sign up to go by filling out the google form. They will be sent a pass to go visit with the representative during 1st hour that day. All meeting will take place in the forum, unless indicated. To sign up to visit with a representative use the link above and enter your information. A pass will be sent to your first hour. See the upcoming schedule at https://www.isd622.org/Page/12742.
- Tuesday, November 20 1-pm Crown College https://goo.gl/forms/GloerQMubJwpLqqA3
- Wednesday, December 19 1pm Vermilion College https://goo.gl/forms/mOloCTJQRffkXQ2D3 (Meeting will be in the conference room)
To sign up to visit with a representative use the link above and enter your information. A pass will be sent to your first hour. See the upcoming schedule at https://www.isd622.org/Page/12742.
2018-2019 ACT test dates are:
Test Date Registration Deadline
February 9, 2019 January 11, 2019
April 13, 2019 March 8, 2019
June 8, 2019 May 3, 2019
July 13, 2019 June 14, 2019
Free Test Prep-
Go to: www.mncis.intocareers.org (Minnesota Career Information System)
Access the system using the North High Account:
Username: northhigh Password: student
In the blue box on the right hand side, click on the "Create My MCIS"
On the right hand side under "New Users," click "create My MCIS."
Provide all required information and click "Submit."
Once you are logged into your new student account, click on the "My Portfolio" tab at the top of the page look for "test Prep"
ATHLETIC/ACTIVITIES FOR THE WEEK:
- Anyone interested in joining Nordic ski this winter please come to an informational meeting Tuesday, Nov 27th 5:15-6:15pm in room 157
- Polar Boys’ Swim & Dive Teamwill be starting the end of November. Anyone interested in joining please come to a captain’s practice to check it out and an informational meeting with the coach. Captain’s practices are at Maplewood Middle School on Thursday, November 8th 7-9 pm, Thursday, November 15th 3-5 pm and Tuesday, November 20th 3-5 pm with a parent meeting at 5:15 pm in the Maplewood Middle School cafeteria. Please contact the coach, Tess Behrens, with questions. email@example.com
- Boys Basketball Tryouts for Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors November 19th & 20th. See attachment for more information
- Polar Basketball Big 3 Intramural Basketball – see attachment
CLASS OF 2019:
- Senior All Night Party Meeting December 3rd at 6:30pm. We are always in need of more parent volunteers. Please contact Terri Wold at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- The Deadline to submit an alternative Senior Portrait for the Yearbook is coming up fast! Deadline is November 22nd. Please see the attached sheet or contact Mr. Reynolds email@example.com any questions. If we do not receive an alternative photo, we will publish your Lifetouch ID photo.
- Here is the link to order your cap and gown. Please do so by December 3. No payment will be collected at this time. https://goo.gl/forms/Km9SWoQCx8C0ZWFG3. Students need to log in with their student email.