Required ACT Plus Writing Test on Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Pre Registration: TBD
Test Date: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
Time: 8:15 am - 12:55 pm
Who: All Juniors are required to participate and take the State of Minnesota administered test. If a junior has already taken an ACT they are still required to take the test on March 24th.
Where: Tartan High School
- Buses will run at regular times for juniors; Freshman and Seniors will not have school. Sophomores will be taking their MCA Reading test that day at Tartan High School.
- School starts at regular time
- Testing from 8:15-12:50.
- Lunch at 12:55-1:20
It is very important that all juniors attend school on Tuesday, April 3rd, for the statewide ACT Plus Writing testing day. Make note of this date on your calendar and do not schedule any appointments for your child on this date. See your counselor for make-up day information.
Breakfast will be at the regular time. Juniors will be offered a nutritious snack and water during the break. Juniors will not be allowed to bring any beverages or food into the testing rooms. Lunch will be provided after testing.
Students will register during school on March 19, 2020. Students will be asked for four schools to send their test results for free. Choose the four schools ahead of time and get their codes from this list.
Test Day Checklist
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Get here on time….you will not be allowed in late
- Eat breakfast; we will have healthy snacks at break
- Report to your assigned testing room for check in
- Bring sharpened number 2 pencils
- Bring an approved calculator (All calculators must be approved under the ACT Calculator Policy)
- Bring a photo ID; must be a school or state ID that includes your photo. A printed summary from Infinite Campus which includes your photo will also work.
- No phones allowed in room; all electronic devices will be turned in at the classroom door, put in a labeled bag and locked up for the duration of the test. If an electronic device is visible or used for any reason, it invalidates the ACT test scores for the entire room. Devices will also not be available during the break.
- No food or drinks allowed in room
- Follow all rules of the test
- A 15-minute break will be taken after the first two tests (Electronic devices will not be allowed during the break)
- No talking in the room
- No cheating
- Try your best
Any violations will result in your test being invalid. All of the schools tests can be invalidated for violations of phone/devices, food and cheating.
ACT Prep Help
- Visit the ACT website for more test information including:
Juniors may view their ACT Plus Writing scores online three to eight weeks after the test date if they create a free ACT student web account. To create an account, students should visit www.actstudent.org. Print copies of the test report will be available for students in the fall.
If you have any questions regarding the ACT test on March 24th, contact Mrs. Trivett or Mr. Saefong.