Personal/Social Concerns:
    Just a Note: Although we do not give specific referrals for any agencies, the following is a list of community resources for you to contact for counseling and related services. Many of these services offer sliding fee scales or free services. It is also strongly recommended that students review the following resources with a parent, guardian, or trusted adult. Please remember we do not endorse or give referrals for any of the following.

    Have Concerns? If you're concerned about yourself or someone else and would like information on symptoms of depression and warning signs of suicide, please visit SAVE.ORG or MAYOCLINIC.COM. If you recognize any of the listed signs or symptoms, please speak with a parent/guardian, family doctor, or counselor right away. The Mayo Clinic website also has specific information about types of depression. Please note that it is critical to discuss any concerns with one of the above listed adults.

    Helpful Tip: If you plan to access mental health care using your current medical insurance, call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card. Ask for a list of mental health providers in your area; you may request male or female providers as well. Also be sure to ask about specific coverage (e.g., number of sessions, copay, and percentage of cost the insurance company will pay). 

    Another resource you can use to find a mental health provider is your family doctor; ask him/her for a referral or name(s) of providers to consider:
    Crisis Connection: 612-379-6363

    Crisis Response( 9am-2pm): 651-290-8606

    Children's Crisis Reponse (Ramsey Co): 651-774-7000

    Washington County Mental Health Crisis Line: 651-777-4455
    First Call Minnesota: 1-800-543-7709

    Family Violence Network: 651-770-0777

    National Runaway Switchboard: 1-800-621-4000

    American Red Cross: 651-439-0031