Sign up for Tartan E-News to receive Daily Student Announcements via email.To subscribe to Tartan-E-News
send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com.When a user subscribes, they will receive an email message titled Join request for <email list name>.Users must reply to that email to be added to the list. They will receive another email titled, you have joined the group <email list name>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today's Daily Announcements
TARTAN HIGH SCHOOL DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Friday, January 19, 2018
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Thursday, Jan 25th, 4:00-7:00pm in the Gym.
- There are only 10 spots left in the Money Talks Students will learn about personal finance and may earn $100! During this three-part course, your fellow classmates from the Ideal Student Credit Union (located in the DECA School Store) will teach you the ins and outs of how to: Budget, save and invest your money; Utilize and build credit; Manage your money online, via mobile device, and more. All three classes will take place in the DECA Classroom #116 at Tartan High School from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM on February 6th, February 13th, & 20th. Sign up at: https://www.idealcu.com/tartan-moneytalks
- Who’s got Talent? Tartan’s Got Talent! And we want to see it! If you’ve got ANY kind of talent, we want YOU to audition for the Incoming Talent Contest! To answer some questions, you DO need to audition if you want to be in the show. Your audition piece does not have to be the same as the one you perform for the show, if you make it. There are two ways to audition: 1) send a short video to firstname.lastname@example.org between now and next Wednesday, or 2) show up to the cafeteria immediately after school , Jan. 24th. Wednesday auditions will be limited to 90 seconds to save time. See Ms. Price in room 005 or go to (https://goo.gl/G7ds98) for more details.
- ALL 9th, 10th, and 11th Graders - Do you like taking pictures and creating lasting memories? Register for Yearbook as a class for the 2018-19 school year. This would be a class of dedicated students that want to be a part of telling the story of the school year through their lens and words. Contact Bast or DeLaCroix if you have questions.
- Juniors & Parent of Juniors: The MN Office of Higher Ed will be at Tartan for a Financial Aid Presentation on Jan. 25th from 5:30 - 6:30 pmin Room 100. If you are curious about financial aid for college, please plan to attend this very informative event. No RSVP is necessary.
- Any student that missed the registration presentation can pick up their information in the Guidance Office.
CLASS OF 2018:
- New scholarship opportunities have been added to Tartan's website. Go to the Guidance tab, then Scholarships, then Scholarship Opportunities.
- Local scholarship applications for the Veterans of Foreign Wars/Post 1350 (must have a family member in the post or auxiliary) and American Legion, are available in the Guidance office.
RELAY FOR LIFE:
Frozen Yogurt Cup
Boys Basketball vs Hastings, B Squad 4:30 pm, JV 6:00 pm, Varsity 7:30 pm
North/Tartan Girls Hockey vs Hastings, JV @ 5:15 pm, Varsity @ 7:30 pm @ Tartan Arena
12 Angry Jurors: 7:00 pm Tartan Auditorium
Wrestling: Varsity Duals Tournament 9:00 am @ Tartan High School
Dance Team @ Farmington High School 10:00 am
Gymnastics Varsity Invitational @ Henry Sibley High School 11:00 am
North/Tartan Girls Hockey vs Grand Rapids, JV 12:45 pm & Varsity 3:00 pm @ Tartan Arena
Boys Hockey @ Henry Sibley, JV @ 1:00 pm, Varsity @ 3:00 pm @ West St. Paul Arena
Boys Swim & Dive Invite @ Stillwater Middle School, Diving @ 9:00 am, Swimming @ 2:00 pm
12 Angry Jurors: 2:00 pm & 7:00 pm Tartan Auditorium
12 Angry Jurors: 2:00 pm Tartan Auditorium
- Parents of Juniors: The MN Office of Higher Ed will be at Tartan for a Financial Aid Presentation on Jan. 25th from 5:30 - 6:30 pmin Room 100. If you are curious about financial aid for college, please plan to attend this very informative event. No RSVP is necessary.
- The Parent Community Group will meet on Tuesday, Jan 23rd, 5:00-6:00 pm. The guest speaker will be from the Metropolitan Center for Independent Living. The meeting will be held in the cafeteria of the Next Step Transition Program (2586 E 7th Ave, No St Paul).