Hello! Welcome to fourth grade! My name is Maria Lofstuen and this is my 6th year teaching at Castle Elementary! I taught 4th grade the past four years and I am thrilled to teach this awesome grade! I taught Kindergarten at Cowern Elementary for two years prior to moving to Castle. I love teaching at Castle and I can't wait to get to know your child and your family as the year progresses!
I grew up in Duluth, MN before attending Gustavus Adolphus College where I received my B.A. in Elementary Education and Minor in Music. I always tell my students that teaching is my biggest passion, but music and singing are a close second! I try to involve music whenever and however I can into the classroom, even if that means changing the words to a popular song on the radio to help students learn a new concept. I feel it is vital for students to not only seek success in Math, Reading, and Writing but also to explore other areas they may be passionate about. I am excited to get to know your third or fourth grader's passions and interests!
This will be an exciting year full of growth! We will learn and explore many concepts and ideas in Math, Readers Workshop, Writers Workshop, Science, Art, Health, and Social Studies. Please read our classroom newsletter sent home every Friday for updates on what we are doing in class and for fun happenings during the school day! You may also find our newsletter on this website under the Weekly Newsletter tab. And, as always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or by phone. I am looking forward to an incredible year!
- Clever login for elementary students and parents
- Log in to Clever using your student's 6-digit student ID email (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password
- Once logged into Clever, you can access Seesaw, Lexia, RazKids, and any other district learning system or app
- Campus Parent (formerly Parent Portal)
- provides parents and students access to announcements, assignments, attendance, bus routes, fees, grades, report cards, schedules, and more
- parents can keep their contact information up-to-date in Campus Parent to receive important texts and emails from the district and their school