TARTAN HIGH SCHOOL 2017-18 SUPPLY LIST
This is a general list of supplies by department. Individual teachers and classes may require additional supplies. Teachers will inform students of the required supplies the first week of class.
GENERAL SUPPLIES FOR ALL CLASSES
- Pencils, pens or other writing utensils
- Kleenex donations are ALWAYS appreciated in all classes!
- Notebook and folder or binder for each class
FAMILY AND CONSUMERS SCIENCE (FACS)
- 3-Ring binder
- $10 donation for Foods Class
- Optional materials for Sewing Classes may be purchased at additional cost.
INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY (IT)
- Tape Measure (for Woods and Metals class)
- Mandatory Safety Goggles (available for $5)
- Disposable Clothing to be worn as a cover-up to prevent damage to clothing
(Flannels and synthetics MAY NOT be used)
- Small capacity Windows 10 compatible USB drive for FabLab classes
- Graphing Calculator* (All students, except Geometry, need TI-83, TI-84 or TI Nspire; Geometry requires a scientific calculator, TI-30 or TI-34)
- Graph Paper (all Math classes EXCEPT Geometry)
- Intermediate Algebra: notebook or 3-ring binder and glue stick or tape
- Accelerated Geometry: Protractor and compass
· Guitar I, II or III: $7 for the guitar book and will need to provide your own guitar picks
- Tennis shoes, shorts/sweatpants, T-shirt/sweatshirt specifically for class
- Biology: 3-ring binder with loose leaf paper
- Chemistry: OSHA approved safety goggles (available for $10)
- World History and Social Studies 9A and 9B: Colored Pencils
- Dictionary (Spanish/English, French/English) is recommended for levels 2 and higher.
*GRAPHING CALCULATORS: A limited number of TI-83/84 calculators may be checked out from your Math teacher. If lost, a $100 replacement fee will be charged to the student. Graphing Calculators (which may be used for Business, Math and Science classes) may be purchased for about $90-$100. TI 84 (Plus CE or Plus) are used for in-class demonstrations.