622 Online Elementary Handbook
**See School Board Policy 503 for details regarding Excused, Unexcused absences and consequences associated with each type of absence**
It is the student’s right to be in school. It is also the student’s responsibility to attend all assigned classes and study halls every day that school is in session and to be aware of and follow the correct procedures when absent from an assigned class or study hall. Finally, it is the student’s responsibility to request any missed assignments due to an absence.
622 Online Student Engagement & Participation Expectations:
- 622 Online students are expected to engage in all scheduled asynchronous and synchronous learning opportunities each school day.
- 622 Online students are expected to complete the assigned lessons and activities outlined on the student calendar each school day.
- 622 Online students should actively participate in scheduled synchronous learning sessions with the teacher and other students present.
- 622 Online students should communicate with the teacher when they have questions or need clarification on assigned asynchronous lessons and activities.
- 622 Online students should engage in optional synchronous learning opportunities throughout the week when scheduled by the teacher.
By completing the aforementioned expectations, 622 Online students can expect to meet their daily attendance expectations.
Absence & Daily Attendance Guidelines:
- Students who do not attend a scheduled synchronous learning opportunity will be marked absent. This absence will be unexcused unless the parent and/or guardian has informed the school of the student’s absence.
- Accrued unexcused absences will result in additional disciplinary action, per School Board Policy 503.
- Asynchronous Lessons & Activities that are not completed on the assigned day will become overdue and should be prioritized the following day in addition to the daily assigned school work to ensure students stay on track with the course requirements.
622 Online Course Completion Guidelines:
- 622 Online course calendars follow the district trimester calendar. All course expectations, including lessons & activities, projects, and assessments must be completed within the designated trimester timeline.
- This formal update on your child’s work habits, academic achievement, and personal growth is completed and sent home three times a year, at the end of each trimester. Please feel free to contact your child’s teacher to check progress at any time.