Ms. BuffieKindergartenPhone: 651-748-6868Welcome to Kindergarten! My name is Sara Buffie and I've been teaching Kindergarten at Cowern Elementary since 2002. This is an exciting year for our kindergarten students. Kindergarten is a big step in your child's life. You will notice many changes occurring both socially and academically. We've planned many challenging and fun activities that will help our students meet their academic goals.
In Kindergarten we believe in working with parents as a team to enhance your child's education. Please help us by practicing these items at home:
Please continue to read with your child every day.
- Identifying upper and lower case letters
- Blending sounds to make new words
- Identifying and producing letter sounds
- High-frequency words (listed each week in the Kindergarten Newsletter)
- Counting by 1's, 5's and 10's to 110
- Counting by 2's to 22
- Counting backward
- Simple addition and subtraction
- Identifying coins and their value
- Writing their first and last names
- Tying shoes (skip the velcro) and zipping jackets
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your student's progress.
Always check the Peek-of-the-Week for updated announcements. Look in the back pack for your child's Friday Folder.
Homework Assignments & Due Dates:
- Read, Read, Read
- Count everyday
Give your child a hug every chance you get (they grow up fast).
Give lots of praise