Web Resources for Kids!
Libraries and Museums
Exploratorium hands-on science museum. Housed within the walls of the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco, the Exploratorium is a collage of 650 interactive exhibits in science, art, and human perception.
Franklin Institute of Science, Philadelphia. Visitors can conduct online science experiments, visit virtual pets in the Robot Zoo.
Visit the Internet Public Library with stories, a chance to talk with authors, and Doctor Internet Science Project.
- The World Wide Web Virtual Library of Museums
- You Can with Beakman & Jax - Based on the zany science TV show, "Beakman's World," this site is jam-packed with interactive science experiments (like "How to make fake snot") and other fun activities!
Sea World/Busch Gardens. Learn about animals.
- NASA K-12 Internet Initiative
- NASA Homepage. Visit Volcano World. This NASA-sponsored site is a must for volcano enthusiasts.
- The Discovery Channel has slide shows on topics of science, nature, technology, history, people, exploration, and living.
Social Studies and Health
- Endangered Species Home Page is full of links and information and pictures! This site is for the public, but is also used by the Service to transmit information to all its agents around the world.
- National Geographic their main web page with LOTS of kid things to do.
- National Parks Explore our National Parks.
- Nutrition Learn about nutrition in a fun way (From Dole).
- Star Child is another one of the great NASA sites: "A learning center for young astronomers!"