APT (Association of Parents and Teachers)Welcome back Weaver families and staff! We are looking forward to another fantastic year at Weaver. Be sure to stop by the APT table at Open House this Thursday to pick up a pamphlet with lots of great information for the upcoming school year! You can also order your Weaver Wear t-shirts or purchase reusable Weaver bags or window clings. Please consider joining the ongoing conversations on our APT Facebook page, search for Weaver Elementary APT.Weaver Wishes BoardCheck out the Weaver Wishes board in the front hallway at school. Weaver staff has the opportunity to post their classroom supply "wishes" in hopes that someone can fulfill their request. Your donation can make a big difference for a classroom! The board is changed and updated regularly! Please check it out whenever you come to school!Volunteers WantedThe Weaver staff encourages all parents to become active in their children's education. There are numerous volunteer opportunities at school. You may call the Volunteer Coordinator at 651-748-7016 or your child's teacher to become a volunteer.Does your employer match donations or volunteer hours? Please consider making Weaver the recipient of these amazing avenues to increase your donation! You can contact your HR department or just add Madeline Weaver Elementary in your United Way line for beneficiary.Volunteering Pays! Parents, grandparents and friends can help our school by participating in matching contribution programs through their employers.Weaver FundraisersWeaver staff, families and friends hold the following fundraisers throughout the year to raise money for the school:Weaver Elementary Fundraisers
· Scholastic Book FairWeaver APT Fundraisers- Fall Festival
· Weaver FUNd Walk
· Saints North Roller Skating
· Aluminum Can Collection· Annual Rummage Sale- CarnivalThe purpose of the APT:
· To provide a forum to disseminate information to parents from the school principal and staff and the discussion of substantive issues of concern to parents or staff, such as issues involving educational policies and programs.
· To function as a non-profit fundraising organization with monies raised to be used for educational experiences, field trips, Artists in Residence, equipment purchases and to provide teachers with funds to purchase student incentives and classroom items.
· To encourage parent involvement in volunteer programs and school activities.
· To sponsor educational opportunities or activities for parents.APT Contact InformationThe APT welcomes your ideas and suggestions. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Contact information is below, or e-mail us at WeaverAPT@gmail.com.APT email: WeaverAPT@gmail.com
Position Name Phone President Sharon Mott email@example.com 651-748-7016 Vice President Nikki Chessnoe firstname.lastname@example.org Principal Pangjua Xiong email@example.com 651-748-7010