Welcome to North High Athletics
Dear Polar Families,
Last evening, Minnesota Governor Tim Walz released Emergency Executive Order 20-99, which places restrictions on all organized youth and high school sports beginning at 11:59 pm on Friday, November 20, 2020. All Minnesota State High School League fine arts and athletic programs that are in-season or projected to start in the next three weeks are on hold until at least Friday, December 18, 2020.
Winter Activities scheduled to begin 11/23, 11/30, and 12/7 will not be meeting in person nor hold tryouts until at least 12/21.
The earliest sports/activities can resume would be 12/21/20, but it could be extended to a later date.
Virtual meetings can occur during this pause-check with your coach/advisor and look for information on the school website.
Registration for winter activities is open and athletes can/should register for their activity.
Activities scheduled for today and tomorrow can still take place, but students should check with their coach or advisor for additional information.
We certainly know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but we are thankful most fall sports were able to take place, even in modified formats. Once more information is known regarding Winter Sports/Activities, we will send an update.
Sincerely,North Activities Department
Jed HelwigActivities DirectorNorth High School651-748-6022
North POLAR Activites 4 week pause-Effective 11.20.20 @ 11:59PM
A pause on youth, including MSHSL, sports has been put in place from November 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM through Friday, December 18, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
A copy of the executive order can be found here: https://mn.gov/governor/assets/EO%2020-99%20Final%20%28003%29_tcm1055-454294.pdf
When will you have more information available?
- The MSHSL (Minnesota State High School League) will be meeting in the coming days and make adjustments to the winter schedules.
- As information becomes available, it will be posted on our website.
- Specific team information will be communicated directly to registered student-athletes.
What if I am already registered for a NHS Winter Sport?
- Coaches will have access to all registrations and the email addresses you provided during registration on SmartSchoolK12.
- Head coaches have been encouraged to have communication with student-athletes during the Pause.
- Communication from coaches will not begin until the originally scheduled start date.
- By remaining registered, you will receive updates as they become available.
What if I want a refund?
- If you would like a refund, please send an email to Penny Lavick (email@example.com ) or Andy Navis (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the subject line, please include the name of the student-athlete and the sport for which he or she is registered.
- The registration will be done electronically via SmartSchoolK12.
- If you request a refund, you will no longer be included in any electronic communications regarding the upcoming season.
Should I register for a Winter Sport at NHS?
- If you have not yet registered, it is recommended that you do so now. You will be included in updates and communications from coaches regarding the upcoming season.
Will we get refunds if the season is canceled or shortened?
- Every effort will be made to keep the same number of contests on the schedule.
- If the season is canceled entirely you will receive a refund.
Once we start practicing, what if our practice pod is shut down due to a positive COVID-19 case?
- Communication will be sent to all affected student-athletes and coaches including guidelines and restrictions.
- Practice will continue for those student-athletes and coaches, not in the affected pod.
Online registration is available for the Winter Athletic Season click HERE
Please register your athlete prior to the first day of practice/tryouts.
Winter start dates
Boys 9th grade basketball meet in the North Gyms
Monday Nov 16th, 6-8:30pm, Tuesday Nov 17th 7-9:00pm
Wednesday Nov 18th, 6:30-8:30pm, Thursday Nov 19th 7-9:00pm
Boys 10-12th grade Basketball Tryouts meet in the Gym
Monday, Nov 23rd 5:30-8:30pm, Tuesday, Nov 24th, 5:30-8:30pm, Wednesday, Nov 25th, 5:30-8:30pm
Girls Basketball December 7th Meet in the gym
Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00pm Gyms 1,2
Wrestling November 30th Meet in the Gym
Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00pm Gyms 3,4
Nordic Skiing November 30th TBD Coming soon.
Watch for updates on the North Website
Gymnastics December 7th
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday's 7:30-9:30 pm @ Midwest Gymnastics
Thursday, North High Gym 2:45-4:45 pm
Friday's 2:45-4:45pm @ Midwest Gymnastics
Boys Swim & Dive November 30th
Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm @ Maplewood Middle School Pool
Winter Dance November 9th Meet in the North Cafeteria
Monday, Wednesday, Friday's 3:00-5:00pm
Questions contact the activities office at 651-748-6021
sFor all up to date activities click here
Click HERE for Physical form
Click HERE for consent formDid you know you can access your activities on your mobile device? Go to your app store and type inActivity Scheduler ( )then pickNorth High School.
School District 622
Senior Citizen High School Athletics Pass
This lifetime pass, for those 60 years of age and older, is valid for free admission to all regular season athletic events held in School District 622. Passes are available at the Welcome Desk inside the front door of North High School.Shop our new Sideline store for more Polar sportswear here:Schedules, directions & maps to event locations can be found at www.metroeastconference.orgFor up-to-date schedules and maps to competition sites, visit the Metro East Conference website. Or get results at Minnesota State High School League. To sign up to be notified of schedule changes via e-mail, go to Metro East Conference, click 'Member Schools', then North, then "Notify Me!"