Dual Language Immersion
Dual Language Immersion is a way to engage in academic and social-emotional learning while acquiring another language at the same time. Prior language exposure or knowledge is not required for enrollment.
Unlike the regular classroom, instruction in a Dual Language Immersion program uses both languages in the classroom. Students will learn the same academic content while using two languages.
2023-24 is open for Kindergarten and 1st grade, based on availability.
- Center for Applied Linguistics: Free Online Resources
- Thomas & Collier: Research on Bilingualism and Why Dual Language Education?
- American Council on Immersion Education: Network of language immersion educators
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: Research, Assessment, Guides
- Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition: Immersion Research Projects
- Minnesota Advocates for Immersion Network: Collaborative forum for immersion educators
- Minnesota Department of Education: World Languages and Dual Language Resources