Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) serves the needs of young children, ages birth to 5 years old who meet one or more criteria established by the Minnesota Department of Education. Children develop very rapidly during their early years and District 622 wants to ensure success by supporting learning and development through a variety of programs and services.
What kind of services are available?
ECSE services are provided at no charge to families. The nature and frequency of services vary based on the individual educational needs of each child and his/her family. ECSE services may include:
- Individual and small group instruction in an ECSE classroom, preschool or daycare setting
- Home-based services
- Consultation with parents, preschool teachers, and/or childcare providers
- Collaboration with physicians and other community agencies
- Birth to 3 Early Intervention Services
- Preschool Special Education
- Help Me Grow
Some babies and young children need extra help to learn and grow. If you have concerns about your child’s vision, hearing, moving, talking, play, learning, behaving, or your child has a medical diagnosis that affects development contact Help Me Grow.