Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood Screening is for children ages 3-5 and is free. Minnesota state law requires that all children participate in Early Childhood Screening before entering public kindergartens. Some private schools also require it. A screening appointment is required to be scheduled prior to entering District 622 Preschool.
This free service provides an early look at your child’s development and is good for you and your child! Your child will complete developmental activities with a trained screener and his/her height, weight, vision, and hearing will be checked. You will review your child’s developmental and medical history with a nurse. You may learn of useful community resources for you and your child.
Register online nowor Call 651-702-8468
Appointments located at:
Beaver Lake Early Learning Center
1060 Sterling St. N.
Maplewood, MN 55119
Email questions or paperwork to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is Early Childhood Screening?
- Who needs to be screened?
- Why should my child be screened?
- When should the screening be done?
- What does this screening include?
- Who does the screening?
- How do I get an appointment?
- Where do I go for screening?
- How should we get ready for screening?
- What can I expect when we come for screening?