- Next Step Transition Program
- Community Participation
GUARANTEED RIDE HOME- METRO TRANSIT
Description: Metro Transit's free program that gets you home from work or school if you have a family emergency or have to work late unexpectedly. You can use Guaranteed Ride Home for an emergency taxi, car-share, on-demand ride-share, rental car or transit trip.
Who is Eligible: If you ride the bus, METRO or Northstar, or carpool, vanpool, bicycle or walk to work or school at least three times per week then you may use Guaranteed Ride Home if your carpool or vanpool driver unexpectedly needs to leave work early or stay late, if there is an unexpected overtime that forces you to miss your bus, train, carpool or vanpool. You may use it if you become ill and need to leave work or school early. You may use it if an immediate family member becomes ill and needs to be picked up early from daycare, school or work.
Application Process: You must pre-register for the program by having an email address and internet access. Complete a free online registration. Registered participants can request reimbursements up to four times per year or $100 in value, whichever comes first, for eligible trips with valid documentation.
To use the service:
- To ride home on a bus or train, a Go-To Card or pass is required.
- Use your Go-To Card or pass to pay for the ride. Within a week of the trip, log on to your account and fill out an online reimbursement request. We’ll credit your balance with the amount you paid.
- To use your ride home for a taxi, car-share, transportation network company (Uber, Lyft, etc.) or car rental trip, contact the provider of your choice.
- A Go-To Card is not required for taxi reimbursement. Pay for the ride and get a signed and dated receipt that has the service provider's name and contact information printed on it. Within 10 days of your ride, fill out an online reimbursement request. Print the request form and submit it by mail along with your receipt. You will receive your reimbursement check by mail within 21 days after they receive the request form.
Contact Information: Phone- 612-373-3333 (24 hours) or visit: https://www.metrotransit.org/guaranteed-ride-home.