Description: Provides cash or an EBT card that can be spent like cash in most food stores or some farmers markets. The benefits can be used to buy food or plants and seeds to grow food to eat. It cannot be used to buy any non-food items.

Who is Eligible: You are a citizen of the United States. Your monthly income is within the gross and net income limits-most types of income are counted. You register for work if you are asked to and you can provide a Social Security number for each person in your home applying for benefits

Application Process: You can apply by phone, mail, in person or on-line at When applying you will need: Identification showing your name and address; a Social Security number for all household members applying for benefits; proof of your monthly earnings, such as recent pay stubs; proof of your monthly unearned income, such as benefit statements; proof of housing costs; proof of immigration status for all household members applying for benefits.

Contact Information:

Phone-(651) 431-4050 (for problems with EBT card)

Ramsey County

  • Phone- 651-266-4444
  • 160 E. Kellogg St. Paul, MN
  • Hours- Monday-Friday 7:30 am-5:45 pm.

Washington County

  • Phone- 651-430-6000 4949
  • 62nd Street North Stillwater, MN 55082
  • Hours- Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm.