YEARBOOK SALE! There are less than 100 yearbooks left for sale! If you have not yet ordered yours, please take a minute to put in your order online, or directly with Mrs. Gelking. See the information below for ordering.
PARENTS: We now have an open website link to order a yearbook for your child through May 12th. If you did not purchase a yearbook in the fall, please feel free to access the website at www.balfour.com and search JOHN GLENN MIDDLE SCHOOL - MAPLEWOOD, MN to begin the online order process. The cost is still $25.00. If you are unsure if you ordered one in the fall, please contact Mrs. Gelking at 651.748.6478, and she can verify for you.
Congratulations to 6th grade student Leighton Joy! He competed at the state level for the National Geographic Bee on Friday, March 31, 2017.
For news coverage of the radio contact with the International Space Station click here
Exciting news for John Glenn Middle School! Our school was selected to make amateur radio contact with an astronaut on the International Space Station. Several students were able to speak live via the “ham” radio with the astronaut and ask a question that they wrote themselves. We are honored to have been selected by the ARISS (Amateur Radio International Space Station) organization to help us connect with an astronaut in real time. With the help of local ham radio volunteers, we were the 4th school in Minnesota to have this distinction. Our history-making contact with the International Space Station was on the afternoon of Wednesday, February 22nd.
Follow us on Twitter @johnglenn_jets!
Health Office Reminder:
Any student starting 7th grade should have their immunizations up to date. Information should arrive in the mail late July or early August and updated immunizations can be brought to school during our Open House on Wednesday, August 31, 2016. Please see Back to School mailing for all information regarding back to school!
Dress Code Reminders:
1. Shorts and Skirts should be longer than your finger knuckles when arms hang naturally at sides.
2. Shirt should have strap of at least an inch in width (2 finger tips) – no spaghetti straps.
3. Underwear (including boxers) should not be exposed.
4. Pants/shorts need to be secure at the natural waist – no sagging.
5. Tops should completely cover any cleavage.
6. No clothing should advertise alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, and must not have words or pictures that are discriminatory or offensive.
7. No hats or bandannas during the school day.